Digital Transformation MasterClassLearn the opportunities from Europe's Best Practices The first Digital Transformation Masterclass has successfully been performed. Here is the summary of the event.
In November a class of industry representatives from many different industries gathered in Vinnova's premises in Stockholm, October 19, 2016. The purpose was to have a workshop around their companies’ digital transformation journey. A diverse set of companies from large traditional industry, consultants and SMEs participated to this first masterclass to share an understanding of the challenges and steps in the direction of digital transformation.
Digital transformation is often seen as a threat for European industry, especially for the more traditional ones. It should be an opportunity. The EUREKA Cluster on Software Innovation, ITEA, has already supported many projects around this digital transition and in particular
- ACCELARATE: a platform for the acceleration of go-to market
- SCALARE: a database of industrial best practices and tools to support enterprises in their digital transformation
- InValue: data management architecture for manufacturing
ITEA, together with Vinnova has now set up a masterclass taking advantage of all the knowledge gathered in these three projects.
GEARED TOWARDS YOUR CASE
This masterclass targeted managers from Swedish Industry that are confronted with the digital transition of their organisation, and who would like to learn how the digital approach can be an opportunity to transform their organisation to be closer to their customers.
The workshop covered the different steps of the digital transformation:
- New digitally enabled business models and services around servitization, intermediation and platform approach
- Speed to market with growth hacking and continuous delivery
- Digital manufacturing
The workshop also stressed a set of strong messages on digital transformation:
- Back to the users
- Data focus, data acquisition, IOT, data analysis
- Experimenting is key; failure belongs to the game, don’t be too smart to model everything before trying and learn from the failures and from the successes
- Endless story of innovation
- Spirit of openness and partnership; you cannot play the game alone, your network is your value
- Move towards new business models based on servitization, intermediation, platforms
- Value creation, Value capture, Value sustainability is the motto
- Scalability at the business level and at the architecture level
- Security to protect your system
And a few paradoxes:
- Speed, but a cultural transition in a large organisation takes many years
- Speed reduces complexity as you are forced to focus only on what is absolutely necessary, when the state of art shows that 40% of the functionalities of a large software is actually never used. Speed is the challenge but is also the solution.
In the afternoon, there was open space discussions that were based on challenges and cases put forward by the audience themselves.
The feedback from the attendees was very positive, especially the hands on open space discussions. “This is something that we can use in our company directly” was one of the comments.
This occasion was the first in a series of masterclasses in Europe.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
For further information contact Henrik Cosmo email@example.com